Wednesday, December 20, 2017

25 Days God Given Gifts - Day 20 - HEAVEN

What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard,
 and what no human mind has conceived
- the things God has prepared 
for those who love him. 
1 Corinthians 2:9b



I often tell my Sunday School children, . . .  can you just imagine what heaven is going to be like? If God made the earth and all it's beauty in 6 days, Heaven is going to be beyond anything we can imagine.  Just like this verse tells us:


Doesn't it seem as if these birds are flying straight from heaven to tell us good news. Straight from God ~ that heaven is real and a place so wonderful it defies description. Where streets are made of gold, music more beautiful then anything we've ever heard, all sadness wiped away, no more tears or pain, a perfect body, where everything in our minds will be made clear, we will understand. A place of perfect peace. A place where there is no night and no need of the sun, as God is the light. I take comfort in knowing that some of my family members are already there, and I will join them someday. 

Author C.S. Lewis had this to say about heaven: Now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.  



Here are just some of the facts about heaven found in Revelation chapter 21. I'd encourage you to read it for yourself.
  • The foundation of Heaven is made of 12 different layers of precious stones
  • The names of the 12 disciples are written on each layer of the foundation
  • There are 12 gates, each consists of one huge pearl
  • Each of those 12 gates have the name of one of the tribes of Israel
  • The streets are of pure gold


When I look at my own wedding band which consists of gold, diamonds, and a sapphire, I can't help but reflect how it pales in comparison to the jewels in heaven. I would imagine the layers of precious stones are in their purest form. The gold mentioned in heaven is so pure it's translucent. We literally have no idea how magnificent it will be.

If you'd like to read a previous post I wrote about heaven, you can find it here:Eternal Destination



If you'd like to see all the posts in this series so far, you can follow this link:
25 Days of God Given Gifts

This link will take you to a free pdf that goes along with this series.
25 Days God Given Gifts & Scripture 

These images I post are free for personal use, ministry use, or for gifting. Not to be sold. If you share the images on your blog, a link back would be appreciated. Please do not copy my entire posts to your blog. Thank you. 

If you'd like to receive an email each time I post, you can sign up here: 


You can also follow through my facebook page here:Little Birdie Blessings - Facebook

Thank you for all your comments and emails. They are all read and appreciated.






1 comment:

  1. Very exciting talk of Heaven. When my children were small, they loved talking about Heaven. And the best thing is that we know we can go if we make that choice!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.